Processing question

superduckrescue

Songster
Mar 26, 2019
Austin, TX
One of my young layer chickens got trapped in the heat and passed away. It's very fresh. I really don't want to waste the meat. Will sticking it into a freezing until I get home going to affect it?

One of my young layer chickens got trapped in the heat and passed away. It's very fresh. I really don't want to waste the meat. Will sticking it into a freezing until I get home going to affect it?
My opinion on that is that I personally don't recommend putting in the freezer. To me I just think it's wrong to eat a chicken that passed away on its own and you didn't butcher it...

I would probably eat it, if I knew for sure it was the heat that killed it. But I would keep it in a fridge and process it quickly, not freeze it.

I would probably eat it, if I knew for sure it was the heat that killed it. But I would keep it in a fridge and process it quickly, not freeze it.
Yeah It was over 100f today and somehow she got trapped in a pit. I found her right after she died so she should be fine to eat. I have her in the fridge. Poor chicken

Back
Top Bottom