1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Processor in E. TN?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by georgialee, Sep 11, 2010.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Does anyone know of anybody that will process chickens in the E. TN. area? I have sooo many roos and we just don't have the time to butcher them, but I hate selling them for a couple bucks when we would buy processed ones at a store for about $10. I know there's some mennonites that do it but I have no idea how to contact them or if there's anyone else. Thanks!

2. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hi Georgia. I am in Jefferson County. Theres one here that does cows, pigs, chickens you name it. Terry Sellers. You might have heard of him. I will see If I can get some more information.

3. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    I end up doing a few a day, like 3-4, by myself. Now I'm down to 5, but I've been a lil lazy and havn't bothered butchering yet. I also have 2 that my neighbor is soooo sure are hens but I'm thinking they're roosters (which if thats the case I have 8 roosters).
    I'd help ya but I couldn't promise to get them all done fast enough, but I hope you find someone and if you do put the word out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by