Production Reds

I think these are production red. Can anyone tell me what gender they might be. Any help would be appreciated

They are either production reds or RIR. Can't really say on sex. I'm thinking pullets though, but not 100%. Please don't shoot me if I'm wrk g.

I'm not exactly sure what type of "breed" production reds are. I'm thinking they are a mixture of red-feathered breeds that lay brown eggs, such as Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire Red, or Red Sexlink (Red Sexlinks are a cross between a Rhode Island Red cock and a White Leghorn hen, but one of mine looked more like a New Hampshire). Perhaps they are hybrids of those breeds. From my experience, all of these breeds are very nice. My friend has Production Reds, and to me, they look like Red Sexlinks and New Hampshires, but some of the pictures you guys posted looked like they had a Buff variety of some breed mixed in, maybe Orpington or Plymouth Rock.

Red sexlinks are bit crossed with longhorns.

Where are you getting your information on a red sex link cross?

Most every hatchery states what they use as the cross in Sexlinks.

Now a production red is a cross if New Hampshire rooster over Rhode Island Red hen.

Last edited:
New to raising chickens. I think I have 2 production reds in my flock and I think they are both pullets. They are 6 weeks old. Can anyone tell me what they think of they are. Any help is appreciated

New to raising chickens. I think I have 2 production reds in my flock and I think they are both pullets. They are 6 weeks old. Can anyone tell me what they think of they are. Any help is appreciated

Yep! That's what they look like to me. Where did your get them, a hatchery? Which one?

I got them from a feed store. Started out with 8 chicks. 2 reds 3 barred rock and 3 welsummers. Had a lot of fun starting out so I went back and got 2 more reds and 2 buff orpingtons. My wife and kids are loving it also

Back
Top Bottom