Profit with Turkeys for Thanksgiving?

Nice yes.
Although mine have never seen grass ever. Just sand and weeds 😆.
I guess it’s not too different. But I like that it looks like grassView attachment 2279211
But that’s besides the point...

I say grass loosely. I should have said pasture. Much of it is, in fact, not grass, but a mix of clovers, grasses, vetch, and other broadleaf weeds. The point is that they have access to the outdoors and all of them spend 100% of their time outdoors with access to soil, dirt, and forage - including bugs. Any kind or amount of outdoor access is better than a chicken in a chicken house gets. Even the "free range" ones often don't ever use their outdoor access because there is no shade/feed/water in the area given to them.

Nice yes.
Although mine have never seen grass ever. Just sand and weeds 😆.
I guess it’s not too different. But I like that it looks like grassView attachment 2279211
But that’s besides the point...
Green stuff! Including bugs! AND LOCAL Florida Sunshine! LOL never met a vegetarian chicken! I do not believe all the marketing hype. Why do they have vets on staff? So they are able to prescribe antibiotics. Never had a chicken vet when we were kids. You home growers do not get that advantage. Just show the photo of your chicken house vs. that photo. Enough said. ;)

Green stuff! Including bugs! AND LOCAL Florida Sunshine! LOL never met a vegetarian chicken! I do not believe all the marketing hype. Why do they have vets on staff? So they are able to prescribe antibiotics. Never had a chicken vet when we were kids. You home growers do not get that advantage. Just show the photo of your chicken house vs. that photo. Enough said. ;)
Yes. I mean, that’s 2 of our coops. But they’re fine. Lol.
I don’t know why anyone would prefer the other option when you have someone raising chickens.
We do have neighbors even though it’s different plots of land. Got new people across the street and perhaps maybe they could try some of our chicken when we raise it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• B44B599E-A38A-4D67-ACF5-CEE217B10428.jpeg
    B44B599E-A38A-4D67-ACF5-CEE217B10428.jpeg
    659.3 KB · Views: 1
One of the members here on the meat thread sells their chicken at a farmer's market. Very nice packages, seem to be doing ok. A lot depends on your presentation. Clean & local matter a lot.

Back
Top Bottom