Projectile Pooper

PaulX

Songster
Nov 15, 2018
Hello,

I want to share a story about my former duckling, who was (and presumably still is) a projectile pooper.
I know every duck's probably capable of projective pooping, provided he/she's raised or standing high enough and is bending its neck towards the ground, lifting their butt/vent.
But this duckling surely takes projectile pooping to the next level, due to his physiological deformity.

This is him to the left.

weird-duck-jpg.1599391

Note his lack of tail feathers, contrasted with his brother on the right.
The thing is, it's not that he has a featherless tail, he doesn't have a tail at all.
Further, for a normal duck, like the one the right, the vent would be on the stomach side near the tail, and in a normal gait, would be pointing downwards, right?
My projectile pooper, on the other hand, has his vent pointed horizontally on his rear, where the tail should normally be.
So even when standing on ground level, my projectile pooper still has the capability of pooping in a projectile, with the poop splashing in a line at a distance of well over 1 foot (30 cm) from himself! (when he's bending down)
Even as a one week old duckling he was already pooping as far up as 1/2 foot (15 cm).

One time, when my ducklings were still kept in a large bird/rabbit cage brooder, placed on the 'bench' of my porch/deck, (looks somewhat like this)
62349a45823ff7fa344f9e1ae899134c.jpg
I would then normally sit on the deck ground next to their cage on the bench when I wanted to socialize with them.
The projectile pooper has, on a few occasions, shot his poop right at me when I sit on the ground. :sick

Other than being a little... difficult to be around, this doesn't seem to compromise his health and well being in any way though. (except maybe his susceptibility to niacin deficiency, which is probably not related).

Do any of you have a duck with unusual quirk or deformity like this one?
Have any of you had a tail-less duck like this? I have googled with many keywords like 'duck with no tail', or 'duck with round butt' before, I never found anything like this.

Attachments

• weird duck.jpg
    weird duck.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 264
Hello,

I want to share a story about my former duckling, who was (and presumably still is) a projectile pooper.
I know every duck's probably capable of projective pooping, provided he/she's raised or standing high enough and is bending its neck towards the ground, lifting their butt/vent.
But this duckling surely takes projectile pooping to the next level, due to his physiological deformity.

This is him to the left.

weird-duck-jpg.1599391

The thing is, it's not that he has a featherless tail, he doesn't have a tail at all.
Further, for a normal duck, like the one the right, the vent would be on the stomach side near the tail, and in a normal gait, would be pointing downwards, right?
My projectile pooper, on the other hand, has his vent pointed horizontally on his rear, where the tail should normally be.
So even when standing on ground level, my projectile pooper still has the capability of pooping in a projectile, with the poop splashing in a line at a distance of well over 1 foot (30 cm) from himself! (when he's bending down)
Even as a one week old duckling he was already pooping as far up as 1/2 foot (15 cm).

One time, when my ducklings were still kept in a large bird/rabbit cage brooder, placed on the 'bench' of my porch/deck, (looks somewhat like this)
I would then normally sit on the deck ground next to their cage on the bench when I wanted to socialize with them.
The projectile pooper has, on a few occasions, shot his poop right at me when I sit on the ground. :sick

Other than being a little... difficult to be around, this doesn't seem to compromise his health and well being in any way though. (except maybe his susceptibility to niacin deficiency, which is probably not related).

Have any of you had a tail-less duck like this? I have googled with many keywords like 'duck with no tail', or 'duck with round butt' before, I never found anything like this.
Nope...Sounds like a spinal deformity. Possibly not right in the intestines either. Ultrasound could possibly show the defect.

Hello,

This is him to the left.

weird-duck-jpg.1599391

I had a chicken that was deformed in a similar way and always had trouble pooping. She would get backed up then all of a sudden she would spray poop everywhere! Sadly, when mine got to laying age she had to be euthanized because she could not pass the egg. :(

Back
Top Bottom