Prom

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrszlopez, May 20, 2011.

1. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    So its that time of year again. Seeing all the pretty young girls outside of their houses all dressed up taking pictures & getting ready to go off to their proms.
    Being that I left high school early due to poor grades ( [​IMG] ) & getting pregnant for my daughter , i wasnt able to go to my prom. In a way - its heartbreaking to me to see all of these kids going
    to their proms & doing something i was never able to do, in a way its comforting seeing them finish school.

Its also a time of year that everyones graduating. All of my high school class mates, are graduating from college.. [​IMG]

But i keep telling myself that one day i will graduate and reach the point of success that i want to be at !

2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    prom was boring for me, a little fun but boring for the most part

3. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Quote:Lol . Sometimes i just think its the "missed opportunity" thing for me. Kinda like one of those things that ill never be able to experience.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Maybe you could volunteer to chaperone and dress accordingly. Kinda like going to a prom .

5. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    I went to a rave with my boyfriend instead of going to prom.
    I ended up having a way better time, most people said the prom was lame.

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Quote:Prom was boring for me too. the food was okay, but the guys at teh next table over were trashed and loud. Me and my boyfriend left about 2 hours into it. It was something to experience, but not worth all the money.

7. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I went to prom last year...niether me or my girlfriends liked it so instead we are going camping with about 20 other people. Its going to be alot better then prom was mostly because I dont have to dress up haha

8. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I had to miss my prom and have always wondered what it would have been like. Tonight I am sitting here stressing about the fact that my daughter's prom is tomorrow. I want everything to be perfect for her. It almost makes up for my missed experience. [​IMG]

9. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Quote:My little one is only 4 1/2 & im already invisioning her prom night/wknd .... [​IMG]

camping is great !! i lovvve camping lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by