Proof in the Eggs

Mine have some sort of light 24/7 as they share their coop with 8 rabbits and their offspring. Since I don't personally eat a lot of eggs and no longer have an 'egg business' it doesn't matter how many I get until it gets closer to end of jan when i start collecting to hatch in my incubator for chicks born late Feb and outside by end of March from brooder. I am having a problem with misshaped eggs? any ideas on that question...is it my feed or something lacking in their diet, could it possibly be coccidiosis? and what are the symptoms of it

Mine have some sort of light 24/7 as they share their coop with 8 rabbits and their offspring. Since I don't personally eat a lot of eggs and no longer have an 'egg business' it doesn't matter how many I get until it gets closer to end of jan when i start collecting to hatch in my incubator for chicks born late Feb and outside by end of March from brooder. I am having a problem with misshaped eggs? any ideas on that question...is it my feed or something lacking in their diet, could it possibly be coccidiosis? and what are the symptoms of it
Welcome to BYC!
Could be too much light, they need a dark period.....
.....not sure why rabbits would need 24/7 light either.
Might be better for you to start a new thread here and add all the details.
More questions will need to be asked/answered to pin down your problem and a solution.

You would ask!!! I'll see if I can find it. It was posted by that skinny chick with the black hair who has her own chicken info site.
:lau

Found it. it only took 21 minutes!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/supplemental-light-in-coop-why-how.html
The quotes by the vet are about 1/2 way down the page.

Oh, yeah, that's the one I've been passing around for a couple years.
Here's a pretty good article on supplemental lighting.

Well I bought those baby chicks so they are grow up and lay eggs because everyone in my house loves eggs. Baby chick cost a couple bucks and then I got to buy these bags of food that half of it ends up on the ground so I might as well get eggs out of them as long as I can. When it stops laying eggs that means it's time to eat it and go buy another check.

Back
Top Bottom