Proper placement of NO CROW COLLAR

Hatching

Songster
6 Years
Jan 2, 2014
I have recently implemented several no crow rooster collars on several extremely loud HENS
hide.gif

Im asking the question on proper placement of the collar, Ive heard that lower on the neck is better (proper) than higher.

The reason im asking this question is because after I put on the collars I noticed that the hens developed like a mass of food on the side of their upper throat, it didn't seem to bother them at all, they were eating, laying and foraging normally. After I removed the collar the mass was gone (maybe swallowed) within an hour.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I can try to take a picture if it would be helpful, thanks everyone

I have recently implemented several no crow rooster collars on several extremely loud HENS
hide.gif

Im asking the question on proper placement of the collar, Ive heard that lower on the neck is better (proper) than higher.

The reason im asking this question is because after I put on the collars I noticed that the hens developed like a mass of food on the side of their upper throat, it didn't seem to bother them at all, they were eating, laying and foraging normally. After I removed the collar the mass was gone (maybe swallowed) within an hour.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I can try to take a picture if it would be helpful, thanks everyone
It maybe too tight. You need to be able to fit a pinky finger through it whilenits on the neck.

I cant see this stopping hens make a noise as it only stops the large build up of are Cockerills need to crow. All other noices should be able to get through.

Back
Top Bottom