Props to the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turner!

I bought one of those reptile temp/hygro and put in in my hova bator. It is reading 40% humidity and 94 degrees. My hova bator is reading 99.7 degrees and 48% humidity. I am going to get a better temp/hygro at the store today. I don't trust that $9 one.

I am to the point I don't trust any of the temp/hygro!

Last edited:
Help I don't know what to do! I tested my digital therm. ice water method an it reads 1.5 degrees higher then it should. My two 1588 hovabators read 102 using that therm. which would be 100.5. My new 1588 reads 100 degrees which would only be 98.5 degrees! Ineed to get eggs in today! I followed the directions and can't get the temp to raise at all! Help Please!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Help I don't know what to do! I tested my digital therm. ice water method an it reads 1.5 degrees higher then it should. My two 1588 hovabators read 102 using that therm. which would be 101.5. My new 1588 reads 100 degrees which would only be 98.5 degrees! Ineed to get eggs in today! I followed the directions and can't get the temp to raise at all! Help Please! :fl

Ok let me get this clear in my mind. Your tested digital thermometer reads 1.5 degrees high. Inside the older1588's it reads 102. So that would be 100.5 ( you stated 101.5) actual temperature inside the the two older 1588's. The new 1588 reads 100 with the tested digital thermometer (which would be 98.5 actual as you stated). What temperature does the incubator digital display show on the new 1588? What temperature is it set to.? Are you saying you can't adjust the temperature higher on the incubator digital display?

Ok let me get this clear in my mind. Your tested digital thermometer reads 1.5 degrees high. Inside the older1588's it reads 102. So that would be 100.5 ( you stated 101.5) actual temperature inside the the two older 1588's. The new 1588 reads 100 with the tested digital thermometer (which would be 98.5 actual as you stated). What temperature does the incubator digital display show on the new 1588? What temperature is it set to.? Are you saying you can't adjust the temperature higher on the incubator digital display?

Yes your correct sorry 100.5! All three are less then a year old and all show on the bator 100 degrees on the display! the newest one is the one that would be 98.5! My turkey eggs go into lockdown tonight! I don't know if I should put them in the one with the 98.5 reading or if that would be to low and kill them? Then clean the one bator and set my new turkey eggs?

Last edited:
Yes your correct sorry 100.5! All three are less then a year old and all show on the bator 100 degrees on the display! the newest one is the one that would be 98.5! My turkey eggs go into lockdown tonight! I don't know if I should put them in the one with the 98.5 reading or if that would be to low and kill them? Then clean the one bator and set my new turkey eggs?

Can you not increase the set temperature in the incubator display by pressing the red + button?

Can you not increase the set temperature in the incubator display by pressing the red + button?
I tried three times. I unpluged the bator and pluged it back in while holding down the up/down button. which brings up 2.9. Then I pressed the up button but it doesn't change the numbers?
idunno.gif
What am I doing wrong? O.k I don't feel so dumb! I called company and they couldn't figure it out either.

Last edited:
I tried three times. I unpluged the bator and pluged it back in while holding  down the up/down button. which brings up 2.9. Then I pressed the up button but it doesn't change the numbers?:idunno What am I doing wrong?  O.k I don't feel so dumb! I called company and they couldn't figure it out either.

Ok, what you describe holding down the +and- button while plugging in the incubator would take you into the calibration settings. You don't need to do that just to raise the temperature of the incubator. While the incubator is running you should be able to hold down just the + button and the set temperature setting should begin to rise. I would set it at 101 and then your temperature on your tested thermometer should read 99.5

Ok, what you describe holding down the +and- button while plugging in the incubator would take you into the calibration settings. You don't need to do that just to raise the temperature of the incubator. While the incubator is running you should be able to hold down just the + button and the set temperature setting should begin to rise. I would set it at 101 and then your temperature on your tested thermometer should read 99.5

Oh o.k! I also found out You can change the internal temp.without changing the external temp. by going into calibrating setting and then hold down for 10 seconds the up or down button till it starts to change the numbers.Thank you for your help!
smile.png

Oh o.k! I also found out You can change the internal temp.without changing the external temp. by going into calibrating setting and then hold down for 10 seconds the up or down button till it starts to change the numbers.Thank you for your help!
smile.png
Holy smokes! I have been so busy for the past few days I havent been able to check this thread...looks like I have a lot of reading to do!! I can recalibrate my Genesis?

Holy smokes! I have been so busy for the past few days I havent been able to check this thread...looks like I have a lot of reading to do!! I can recalibrate my Genesis?

Yes you can recalibrate the 1588 Genesis! Without changing the 100 degrees temp reading on the front. I tested my therm. using the ice method and it was off 1.5 degrees.All you have to do is after your machine is warmed up and cycling.unplug your bator.Hold down both the up and down bottons at the same time.While holding the bottons down plug bator back in and continue holding for about 10 seconds.You should get a number reading lets just say like 2.9! All you would need to do is hold down the arrow in the direction you need to go.Continue holding until the # starts to change.I would not do more then a couple of tenths at a time.To get out of that mode hold down the two arrows 10 seconds and it will change to humidity. Then hold the two arrows a third time and it will go back to normal. and wait a good 20-30 minutes to see if you need to adjust more. Not hard after you have done it once! I am learning! I have 4 turkeys piped in my bator.Praying for a good hatch.At least better hatch since I went with lower humidity up until lock down.

Back
Top Bottom