Props to the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turner!

Hi, I have been trying to adjust my temp in the 1588 hovabator! I will be getting shipped eggs soon. I used the spot check therm and a old mercury therm. When I put them both in they have close readings but when I leave them in for a long period of time.The mercury one showed the bator at some point spiked up to 102!!! I checked this morning and the spot check read 99.8! The instructions say to adjust temp take a reading at egg height at the center of the bator! If I take readings at the sides I get up to 102! I want a cabnet bator!!!! Any input would be great!

I just got my HovaBator and am planning on starting my first batch of eggs on the 13th. What median temp did you have it set to? I just finished reading the "Hatching Eggs 101" article and I'm more confused than ever. Do I need to weigh all my eggs prior and at different days to make sure they are losing the right amount of weight? I thought it was supposed to be simple but now I'm overwhelmed and petrified of not remembering all the millions of directions! Any tips you can share?

This incubator reminds me of that old infomercial..."Set it...and forget it!"
Just add water every second or third day, lockdown at day 18 (filling tray 2 with water as well as 1) and by day 20 or 21, you get a box of chicks! Yippee :)

Yes, it does seem to be that easy! I just pulled mine out after storing it all Fall and winter, and it is working great. Day 9 and 39/42 eggs progressing normally! :D

Im looking to buy one of these incubators within the next few weeks and trying my hand at some eggs after the 1st of the year. Thru all my reading im not seeing if your leaving the born chicks in while the remaining eggs hatch or if your taking them out and putting them in a brooder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Im looking to buy one of these incubators within the next few weeks and trying my hand at some eggs after the 1st of the year. Thru all my reading im not seeing if your leaving the born chicks in while the remaining eggs hatch or if your taking them out and putting them in a brooder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you open the bator before hatch is complete you risk shrink wrapping them. Then they can't hatch. More of a problem with the styro then with my cabnet. I have now had Hovabator and cabnet bator. With what I know now i would have started out spending a little more for a used Cabnet. Some people have good luck with the hovabator. I had a hard time with the humidity and hot and cool spots.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom