IMG_20220120_144055.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 3
here’s my colorful crew!
They are all celadons

I think the gold is my favorite in terms of color

View attachment 2982194

this one is interesting too, haha
View attachment 2982199
They’re very nice looking. Looks like you have a few fees. The golden one is interesting. Looking at the last group pic, I’m thinking that might be a brown wild with fee. The male wild pattern you have has a similar distribution of dark brown speckles. It looks like it is an example of sex linked brown and not regular pharaoh. Southwest gamebirds has some info in their genetics pages on the wild browns.

They’re very nice looking. Looks like you have a few fees. The golden one is interesting. Looking at the last group pic, I’m thinking that might be a brown wild with fee. The male wild pattern you have has a similar distribution of dark brown speckles. It looks like it is an example of sex linked brown and not regular pharaoh. Southwest gamebirds has some info in their genetics pages on the wild browns.
Thank you for the thorough break down! I call them all my celadon mutts 🤣

reading it now, it’s very fascinating...

My wild coloration male is noticeably smaller than the others and the most panickey one in the covey.
It’s hard to see in the pics, but both the golden colored girl and the wild pattern boy look like their darkest spots are dark brown, not black. Brown and roux are similar, and you can tell apart from pharoah even as chicks because brown and egyptian will have the same striped chick pattern, but with no black at all, same as adults, no black, just shades of brown or red. I have a roux pearl and regular pearl downstairs right now, I can take some comparison pics, it’s easiest to tell with pearl because the fee drowns out all but the black in normal Italians, and all but the darkest red spots in autumn amber (roux Italian fee). I also have an Italian with one copy of fee in the same pen so I’ll try to get a good pic of all 3 to show the differences.

reading it now, it’s very fascinating...

My wild coloration male is noticeably smaller than the others and the most panickey one in the covey.
Group pics of some Italian (fawn) variations:
80671B7B-0E52-4532-86CF-08EB2898648F.jpeg

I’ll post some closeups, the lighting isn’t great, but it’s raining on top of old snow outside, so natural light isn’t an option.

Left bottom is Italian with one copy of fee, she survived the rat attack and it seems she has scar tissue on her back that prevents the feathers from coming back in areas, so she has been inside due to low temps outdoors.

Above her is a young hen that is probably the brown color gene, I have that brown in my lines, but I didn’t know originally, I had actually made a thread or maybe put it in the hatch a long thread, about my odd cocoa brown range chick a while ago. In a group of sex links I had some scarlets and one who was noticeably more brown, I called it cocoa. This hen is darker brown pearl than the autumn amber, it also has silver (SSC). It’s interesting because the fee removed all the yellow undertones and a lot of the brown, but the remaining brown spots are fairly dark still. She has an overall cheetah kind of pattern.

To the right, in the center is the pearl male, he’s a nice dark, clean pearl imo.

The far right, I’ll have some individuals pics of further down, is an autumn amber fee panda.

F4C761F6-2067-448B-8A87-17675FA64503.jpeg

Here’s that weird brown/silver hen, top left in first group pic:
247CEB72-C7A2-4547-A63B-1DB430E1877B.jpeg

Here’s the pearl male:
DD71D57A-3FA4-4123-815D-4B07BD8A5FD7.jpeg

This hen is autumn amber fee, because she’s panda pattern, there’s not much to see she hatched as a faker, and developed the pattern at a few weeks:
68F69AB4-0D2E-4D80-9C27-413B6875F1E6.jpeg

Here’s Italian with one copy of fee, you can see the pale undertones instead of the bright yellow and orange, but still the black spots. She has a lot of color, her brother is normal manchurian with no fee, very yellow and orange, but he’s outside and I’m not interested in going out in this weather lol. I find fee washes out yellow much less compared to browns and reds, but most Italians with one copy of fee will be more brightly orangy on the back of the neck, and over all more white underneath in all other areas:
3D0EBB33-E541-476D-A8BC-BB8DF7AF3FC7.jpeg

Here’s another girl not from the group pic, she is roux, silver, double fee, and Italian:
828E3FAB-972A-43BA-809E-5A192EF2467C.jpeg

8FAEF0D8-15A4-4A49-A849-D12FFE67AC2A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom