Pros and Cons of the Farm Innovators Pro series Incubator

audreymarie

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hi All!!!. Looking for some advice and a pro and con list of the Farm innovator pro series!! Using a homemade incubator right now and all this turning of eggs is killing me lol

this is what I’m looking at!

Attachments

• FBF444FE-08D6-4A97-B175-442C056FCC8A.png
    FBF444FE-08D6-4A97-B175-442C056FCC8A.png
    591.4 KB · Views: 8
I just bought this incubator at tractor supply 2 days ago. I'm trying to find some eggs for it at the moment. I ran mine about 6 hours and it ran perfectly smoothly the whole time. Came up to Temp within 15 mins and quickly rebounded when the lid got opened. The thermometer and hygrometer appear to work well but I haven't checked them against a second reading yet. The control unit is easy to use.
I used a homemade Bator for years too. This is my first purchased incubator.
I'm extremely anxious to run it.

There is one on the side to add water
Ah yes, I misunderstood what you meant. The one I bought has that feature. It's nice. One side is the one you use all along and the other side is for raising the humidity at lockdown. You can add water with a turkey baster from outside the Bator.

@audreymarie -
I got a thermometer/hygrometer to place inside the incubator to check the accuracy of the unit control.
The thermometer completely agreed with no variance.
After seeing the results of the Temp I did the salt test calibration for the hygrometer. Put it back in and it looks like the built in hygrometer reads about 2% low.
Hopefully my source for eggs has enough for me to fill it up today .

Back
Top Bottom