Protecting Combs and Wattles From Frostbite....

Acid-free vaseoline. It's worked for me on my Muscovies' faces, as well. Other than that, I try to stick with pea combs or smaller combed birds. I really wanted Golden Lakenvelders but decided against them for that reason. I suppose you could dub their combs, too...but that's not my thing...

Kelley...post pics of the combs....so people can better understand what you are trying to explain....
thumbsup.gif

okay..shes to slow....lol....heres a few pics of the Delaware..and the Bo i gave her....*the Deli is dirty on her head....where i had been putting the vaseline..which made any dirt stick to it...*
hmm.png

2009_01150073.jpg

2009_01150072.jpg

2009_01150074.jpg

and this is my Sussex girl...shes got it real bad! and i had been using vaseline and bag balm!!....
barnie.gif

2009_01150070.jpg

2009_01150071.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't they so pretty!
love.gif

One other thought...what about a spray adhesive (bandage) that's made for animals? Other than the one I have ....its silver/shiny. But the adhesive would give a protective layer w/ out the moisture problems.... opinions??
caf.gif

Last edited:
Pretty girls.
big_smile.png
That doesn't look like frostbite, looks more like she got in a fight. Frostbite starts on the tips and works it's way down. Like this

frostbite002.jpg

Whatever it is I'm sure she'll be fine. I would personally quit putting stuff on it and let it dry out. Just my totally unscientific thing I would do.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom