Proud of little chicks roosting!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sarahandbray, Sep 8, 2014.

1. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    We stuck these tomato stakes in the brooder at probably 5 or 6 days old...and they've been using them ever since! So darn cute! Not the best pictures...but I love seeing them all tucked in! I've been having them out for a few hours a day in a big screened in porch over grass when I get home from work and they LOVE if! Tires them out...just like puppies ;)
    (Can you tell I've never raised chicks?!?)

3 weeks old today :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Boy that's a lot of chicks! So cute on their little roosts. We made a small roost for ours in brooder, but most gave it no interest.
    I didn't realize til mine were long out of the brooder that I wished I had turned off red light and given better photo light for the family album.

3. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    Yeah, I've taken some nice photos of them with my good camera in natural light...but I felt badly! They were loving the light after a cooler evening outside!
    This is only 1/2 of one of the two brooders we have. They're all on the roost side of the dog crate--no ones on the food/water side!!

Here's their outdoor temporary run while I'm around outside in the afternoon/evenings:[​IMG]

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    That's a nice temporary run. Did you make it or buy it?

Lovely flock.

5. chickencoop789

chickencoop789 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2012
    New Jersey
    Adorable! Enjoy your new flock! They don't stay little forever

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by