Proud of little chicks roosting!!

sarahandbray

Songster
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
We stuck these tomato stakes in the brooder at probably 5 or 6 days old...and they've been using them ever since! So darn cute! Not the best pictures...but I love seeing them all tucked in! I've been having them out for a few hours a day in a big screened in porch over grass when I get home from work and they LOVE if! Tires them out...just like puppies ;)
(Can you tell I've never raised chicks?!?)

3 weeks old today :)

We stuck these tomato stakes in the brooder at probably 5 or 6 days old...and they've been using them ever since! So darn cute! Not the best pictures...but I love seeing them all tucked in! I've been having them out for a few hours a day in a big screened in porch over grass when I get home from work and they LOVE if! Tires them out...just like puppies
wink.png

(Can you tell I've never raised chicks?!?)

3 weeks old today
smile.png

Boy that's a lot of chicks! So cute on their little roosts. We made a small roost for ours in brooder, but most gave it no interest.
I didn't realize til mine were long out of the brooder that I wished I had turned off red light and given better photo light for the family album.

Yeah, I've taken some nice photos of them with my good camera in natural light...but I felt badly! They were loving the light after a cooler evening outside!
This is only 1/2 of one of the two brooders we have. They're all on the roost side of the dog crate--no ones on the food/water side!!

Here's their outdoor temporary run while I'm around outside in the afternoon/evenings:

Yeah, I've taken some nice photos of them with my good camera in natural light...but I felt badly! They were loving the light after a cooler evening outside!
This is only 1/2 of one of the two brooders we have. They're all on the roost side of the dog crate--no ones on the food/water side!!

Here's their outdoor temporary run while I'm around outside in the afternoon/evenings:

That's a nice temporary run. Did you make it or buy it?

Lovely flock.

Back
Top Bottom