Psyco chicken?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peppypap, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Peppypap

Peppypap Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2010
    Dallas TX
    I am sure my polish pullet ,Stella ,has traded her brain for her feathers. She runs around the yard all day going " Ch ch chea ch ch chee!!!" [​IMG] She is super scared of my bantam cochin hen (who is HALF my polish's size) and runs faster than a road runner when I get anywere near her. Is there anyway to make her calm the cheep down? [​IMG]

2. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    do they make chicken downers? I could certainly use some around here lol

3. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I've only had a few polish but they were all the most talkative chickens I ever saw. None were loud unless upset, but wow, such carrying on. My top hen told me they are terrible gossips, too.

Edit - Oh, "None were loud unless upset..."
    If she is that loud, something is wrong. She could just be lonely, or it could be something else. Watch her as much as you can and you'll probably figure it out.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. Peppypap

Peppypap Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2010
    Dallas TX
    She's not loud, it's just on and on and on.... All day! [​IMG]

5. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

been reading about a lot of polish that are nutty maybe she cant see well enough to know whats going so she runs...loudly [​IMG]

6. kitmarlowescot2

kitmarlowescot2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    How well can she see ? That puff of their can make them quite blind. You might want to give her a hair cut that might allow her to see better and not spook as much.

7. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Out of 24 production reds, we got one that is scared of everything. She's on the edge of nutzo. What you gonna do? There's one in every crowd,

8. kemclaughlin

kemclaughlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Garden City, ID
    [​IMG]

This whole post makes me laugh. Chickens are so funny.

9. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Quote:hehe yep, sounds like my polish. The one I have now has finally gotten more quiet but it still peep peeps a lot more than any others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by