Puffy eye oozing

Do you think the swollen eye is a result of a respiratory infection such as MG? You may need to treat for that as well with something like Tylan, oxytetracycline, or Denagard if it was caused by MG. Usually they will be lethargic, may have nasal drainage, and sound congested or crackly with MG. Eye bubbles may be the first sign. But eye infections can happen on their own causing swelling and pus. Sometimes getting a seed or feather stuckminto the eye can cause it.

Do you think the swollen eye is a result of a respiratory infection such as MG? You may need to treat for that as well with something like Tylan, oxytetracycline, or Denagard if it was caused by MG. Usually they will be lethargic, may have nasal drainage, and sound congested or crackly with MG. Eye bubbles may be the first sign. But eye infections can happen on their own causing swelling and pus. Sometimes getting a seed or feather stuckminto the eye can cause it.
She has none of those symptoms . . . all thats wrongwith her was the eye

@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock
It took 3-4 hours and a lot of struggle and patience but I think I finally got it all out. There was so much in her eye. I’m gona give her a break and check back up tomorrow if her eye is visible. Her eyelids are very deflated now. I can’t believe how much pus was there.
View attachment 1942916
Good job! It's looking much better. I agree, continue to flush, apply your drops and remove any pus that may still be in there.
I hope you see a marked improvement in a couple of days.

How did she fair after all of the eye treatment?
Her eye got pushed back I guess even after all the pus was removed and she remained blind in the eye. It never seemed to cause her issues but she recently passed due to an unrelated issue.

Her eye got pushed back I guess even after all the pus was removed and she remained blind in the eye. It never seemed to cause her issues but she recently passed due to an unrelated issue.
I’m sorry to hear that she passed but that at least the eye didn’t seem to bother her

Back
Top Bottom