Puhlese!! Help us decide a direction?!?

Pics
I have been hoping someone would start importing Frisian hens. They are penciled in various colors and good layers of medium sized white eggs. I have Frisian ancestry which spurred my interest. But the US does not have a reciprocal arrangement with the Netherlands for certification. Getting some here would be complicated. But once you did, you would have something unique.

My boys and I are carefully building our flocks with the goal of selling hatching eggs and raising chicks in mind. We have spent countless hours building the following flocks. Searching for the best quality and representatives of the breeds. We have currently built good flocks of these chickens, and come spring will be ready to sell eggs and chicks. Our question is with the remaining birds we are sorting through. What flocks should we keep and progress with? Our goal is 12 total, and we have 9.
Here is what we have now-
Bielefelder
Black Copper Maran
Cream Legbar
Serama
Liege
Svart Hona
Silver Spangled Hamburg
Russian Orloff
Easter Egger
Here is what we could build-
Ayam Cemani
Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner
Swedish Flower
Blue Laced Red Wyadottes
Silver Laced Wyadottes
Gold Campines
Barnvelders
Light Brahmas me
So pretty please tell us your thoughts on the last three breeds to focus on and build.
We are also open to other suggestions if we are missing a great idea. Thank you for your thoughts and Input.

What a fun project to do with your boys! They are getting a great education: How to care for another living creature and keep it alive, What happens when they don't hatch correctly, dealing with death, The business aspect of it, plus it is fun. We always hatch box of chicks every spring and spend hours hovering over it watching them. It is better than T.V.!

You must have lots of space and pens to keep all your breeds separated and straight. We have a back yard mixed flock. Some are crazy gorgeous some are a little homely but lay lots of eggs.

If you have the Ayam Cemani to breed definitely do it! They are awesome and how cool would it be to have black eggs in your mix.

What a fun project to do with your boys! They are getting a great education: How to care for another living creature and keep it alive, What happens when they don't hatch correctly, dealing with death, The business aspect of it, plus it is fun. We always hatch box of chicks every spring and spend hours hovering over it watching them. It is better than T.V.!

You must have lots of space and pens to keep all your breeds separated and straight. We have a back yard mixed flock. Some are crazy gorgeous some are a little homely but lay lots of eggs.

If you have the Ayam Cemani to breed definitely do it! They are awesome and how cool would it be to have black eggs in your mix.
They don't lay black eggs. They lay tan ones. There is a breed (can't remember it) that does lay black eggs, but not the Ayam cemanis

Back
Top Bottom