Pullet and Rooster caught making a nest outside free ranging

Only thing I’ve read is don’t put boxes at ground level, and make sure perches are higher. I put these at ground level. I guess I could raise them up 8-12” if I absolutely have to. Last batch of hens I had didn’t mind them at all.
Lots of folks have nests on the floor.
Roost definitely need to be higher than nests tho.

2 seven footers at shoulder high. One 8-8.5’ waist high. The helper is about 2-2.5’. Gives them just enough to flap down without running into a wall.

Side note. Same hen as yesterday singing what I’ve always been told was an egg song. ..... while standing in middle of coop floor.

These girls are going to frustrate the heck out of me.

Side note. Same hen as yesterday singing what I’ve always been told was an egg song. ..... while standing in middle of coop floor.

These girls are going to frustrate the heck out of me.
They can make quite the racket!
Had a group of pullets one year taht were so loud at point of lay I had to close the house windows so I could work on the phone.

Sounds like aart has been helping you out. I can only wish you good luck with your rebellious couple of chooks. Sneaky little things... better hope that they don't elope in the night!

So that racket happens when theyre close to laying..... like immediately? Or sometime in next few weeks?

Still no butt nuggets. And they’re quietly roosting.

Guess technically it’s a pullet and cockerel giving me grief. Proper rooster would tell her to get back to the house for that crap!

Back
Top Bottom