Pullet Eggs STILL for 11 month old chicken?

I will weigh the egg she lays today! I’ve never weighed eggs for anything! What will this tell me?
It is just to give others an idea of how small her eggs really are. You can weigh and list a couple of larger eggs for comparison if you want.

I haven't had this issue with my small flock over time, but I do have one Buff Orpington that consistently lays x-large eggs and a second BO that lays regular large eggs. Since your Australorp has laid these smaller eggs consistently, it appears to just be normal for her and part of her genetics.

Chickens are individuals and have breed traits (aka tendencies), but also some variability. Buff Orpingtons are known for being friendly, but I have one that is very friendly and one that is very skittish. Likewise, I've had 3 Barred Rocks over time that varied in friendliness and uniform color/spotted eggs.

How much do they weigh in grams?
So I can’t get into my safe to get my scale. The battery died so I need to figure out how to open because I lost the key 😞. Why is it in my safe? I am a MMJ Patient in my state and I make my own oils tinctures pain rub etc. so need the scale to weigh grams of plant matter which btw my chickens and quail love!

It is just to give others an idea of how small her eggs really are. You can weigh and list a couple of larger eggs for comparison if you want.

I haven't had this issue with my small flock over time, but I do have one Buff Orpington that consistently lays x-large eggs and a second BO that lays regular large eggs. Since your Australorp has laid these smaller eggs consistently, it appears to just be normal for her and part of her genetics.

Chickens are individuals and have breed traits (aka tendencies), but also some variability. Buff Orpingtons are known for being friendly, but I have one that is very friendly and one that is very skittish. Likewise, I've had 3 Barred Rocks over time that varied in friendliness and uniform color/spotted eggs.
I have a barred rock that lays double yolkers daily they are huge long eggs. Never circular always long and oval. I have 16 chickens and 45 corurnix quail and have had hundreds of both quail and chickens within the last year that I have donated to families in need so they can produce their own food. So I am very aware of different sizes colors shapes etc. :)

I have a barred rock that lays double yolkers daily they are huge long eggs. Never circular always long and oval. I have 16 chickens and 45 corurnix quail and have had hundreds of both quail and chickens within the last year that I have donated to families in need so they can produce their own food. So I am very aware of different sizes colors shapes etc. :)
I breed for satisfaction! Midlife crisis at 43 I guess 🤷

Back
Top Bottom