Pullet or cockerel?

Thought it was a silkie cross with an Easter Egger based on what looks like five toes, the fibro skin, and what look like muffs on her cheeks.

But... wasn't sure on the silkie feathering dominance/recessive trait so did a quick google and found this site:

https://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/IdentifyingSilkieCrossChicks.html

Below is a cut-and-paste- that would lead me to think you have a really cool pullet silkie cross, and based on body shape and popularity of the muffed breeds and EE.

Excerpt from the site: "So, when you breed a not Silkie male to a Silkie female, the pullets from the cross will be completely light skinned just like their father. The cockerels from this cross will have one gene for light skin and one for dark skin. Because the gene for dark skin is incompletely dominant, you'll see some traits of the recessive light skin "underneath". The cockerels won't be as dark skinned as a Silkie or as light as a light skinned chick.

Conversely, if you breed a Silkie male and a not Silkie female, the pullets from the cross will be completely dark just like their Silkie sire. The cockerels from the cross will be intermediates just like cockerels from a not Silkie father and a Silkie mother. "
that would be awesome!!! yes Ghosty is all black and I tell he/she has a beard 😍 she/ he looks like one of the dwarfs from Snow White to me ❤️

Back
Top Bottom