Pullet reintegration issus

Sep 18, 2019
SW Washington
We have 10 pullets and one of them got pecked at two weeks ago. Her eye was bloodied and we think she might a long term eye issue and she looks around like things aren't quiet visually right. Anywho we took a long time with her because we wanted to make sure she was in the best condition to go back. We reintegrated her last night late at night and she is still an outcast today and definitely is getting picked on if she gets too close to the rest of the crew. Any thoughts on what I can do to possible get her back in the group?

They will likely work her back into the pecking order, but for now she is probably on the bottom.

Is it bullying or general pecking to re-establish the flock? One particular hen or more than one?
It is definitely more than one but I have seen them all challenge each other too lately she is just the only one that wilts and separated. We do have 2 Roosters in the group and all 10 of these pullets will join our big hens in just a few weeks time.

I hope they work her back into the group and and accept her as the bottom girl

Maybe start integrating them all now or sooner so they all need to establish their place? That might help take the spotlight off her. Or is there a friend you can separate her with until you add the pullets with the big girls?

Maybe start integrating them all now or sooner so they all need to establish their place? That might help take the spotlight off her. Or is there a friend you can separate her with until you add the pullets with the big girls?
We have them separated because the big girls had mites and we wanted to make sure they were in the free and clear before the intergration. I don't know if we have others that very friendly these pullets all seem like they got a bunch of energy.

Back
Top Bottom