Pullet? Roo? Or too early? ;-)

kuulgrl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 9, 2013
Central Michigan

My thoughts are Roo. Wider comb area, no dark spots on the legs, and lighter coloring than the other 2 Barred Rocks I purchased. ;-)

I know Tractor Supply isn't always correct in their labeling and that's ok. I was just wondering for fun since the tub said pullets. LOL. ;-)

Last edited:
Is it a Barred Rock? Then its probably a fast developing pullet. You can sex BR by color and this one is too dark to be a cockerel so far. Don't cull this baby yet--give it a few more weeks.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure on this one, just that there is too much doubt for culling.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not planning on culling. I'll try to re-home this one (if it does turn out to be a roo) or the 1 yr old that's outside.

If I can't re-home then he'll probably be stew. He has a long while till then. ;-)

The babies make me so happy! So cute with all the chest bumping. LOL

Oh, I'm not planning on culling. I'll try to re-home this one (if it does turn out to be a roo) or the 1 yr old that's outside.

If I can't re-home then he'll probably be stew. He has a long while till then. ;-)

The babies make me so happy! So cute with all the chest bumping. LOL
Just so you know, the word culling does not mean killing. It means getting rid of the bird in some manner. So if someone tells you to cull, they are not telling you to kill it. Culling can mean rehoming as well.

Back
Top Bottom