Pullet seemed in distress

ekeating

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2020
good afternoon. my pullets are starting to lay eggs. One of them started last week on saturday. This morning before leaving for work I noticed one of my ladies going in and out of the coop making noise. Is this normal or should i be worried?

good afternoon. my pullets are starting to lay eggs. One of them started last week on saturday. This morning before leaving for work I noticed one of my ladies going in and out of the coop making noise. Is this normal or should i be worried?
Agree with Clicker family, perfectly normal! You're doing great! :D

If it sounds something like this it is the egg song. Found this video on the internet.
Basically she is saying, "hey ladies! Pay attention! Lay your eggs near mine! So we can protect them better." My silkie China sings every time anyone of the girls lays. I imagine her saying things like, "Yes Kung Pow. we hear you Sis!!" She is my loudest bird. Lol cause she has to contrary.

Normal, they can act quite crazy, and be very vocal, when they first start laying.

Back
Top Bottom