Pullet Shaking

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 5SweetChicks, Dec 1, 2012.

1. 5SweetChicks

5SweetChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2012
    Michigan
    I have a 4 month old pullet who has all her adult feathers but keeps shaking. She also wobbles when she walks. Any idea whats wrong with her?

2. Angelpoo

Angelpoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    I would like to know how her breathing is. Also how her poop is. is her comb pale? with this info i can help you further

3. Angelpoo

Angelpoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    your best bet for now is to have her warm.

4. 5SweetChicks

Oct 28, 2012
    Michigan
    well, the problem is I can't catch her, shes one of the new chicks this year and they are kinda wild. She has a warm place to come into but she just follows her mom around and wobbles a lot.

5. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

The wobbly pullet might have a sickness that's not allowing her body to keep itself warm. Maybe set out a heat lamp for the whole flock (since you can't catch and isolate the pullet), and feed corn for warmth and extra protein for her sickness. You can also give a little raw garlic juice to help with her immune system.

I agree with Angelpoo, need to know what her poop looks like, if she's eating and drinking, where she sleeps at night, any details you can give us.

6. 5SweetChicks

Oct 28, 2012
    Michigan
    She has diarrhea

7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If you don't catch her and bring her inside, she'll probably die.

8. 5SweetChicks

Oct 28, 2012
    Michigan
    Shes been like this for a while now.

9. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

You asked if we knew what was wrong with her, and we don't, we just have ideas about how to help her. What are you trying to get out of this post if you don't want advice on what to do to help?

10. 5SweetChicks

Oct 28, 2012
    Michigan
    I didn't know you had no clue what she has. I'm sorry, I was just trying to tell you more in case you knew what she had then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by