pullet with problem

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
She is losing weight and off her feed, suddenly. 6 weeks old. She (and all of our chicks) had Corid in the drinking water for a week two weeks ago, but have since switched to fresh water. All seemed fine until now. She is with just one other pullet right now, who looks and acts normal. Usually,pullets do not need to be dewormed until they are at least six months old and we have never done that, but this has been a very unusual year weather wise as we have had torrential rain almost every day these past few weeks. the pullets have been outside in the tractor on the grass a lot, but not with the flock yet. Could she have worms? I haven't seen any, but we have had problems with capillary worms in the past. As a result, we deworm our flock regularly every six months. I am trying Corid again but just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

I think trying Corid again is a good idea. I don't think worms would be the problem at 6 weeks old. Have you checked her crop?

She is the only one losing condition? I'm no expert, just curious, but wouldn't it be kind of odd for only one chick to develop coccidiosis? I've never had it in my flock so I don't know.

She is the only one losing condition? I'm no expert, just curious, but wouldn't it be kind of odd for only one chick to develop coccidiosis? I've never had it in my flock so I don't know.
No. It often happens where one will get sick, and no one else does. We almost never have a problem with Cocci either, that's why I got kind of derailed.

Back
Top Bottom