Pullets got into my big bag o' raisons is this a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by write2caroline, Dec 20, 2009.

1. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Mutant Earl (Hemingway Cat) the stray I feed knocked down a bag of raisons I left out and the pullets ATE a TON! Their little lopsided chests are huge. Should I be concerned? Or will the next Egg layed taste of rum raison? (just kidding about the rum part) seriously, I think the one pullets crop is the size of a golf ball or a lacrosse ball The girls are 6 mos old and only the BPR lays eggs the other two are SLW and not yet laying.

Caroline

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I think they'll be OK. Lots of birds eat raisins, and they are fed to birds. The amout is a little disconcerting. Keep an eye on them, that's a lot of fiber and sugars. Make sure the crop goes down and they are pooping.
    Good luck

Imp- If they start a sugar high- take pictures.

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Will they start acting like Captain Jack with Rum from Pirates of the Carribean?

Thanks for easing my worry. Normally, I try to use moderation but I guess Mutant Earl and the girls seem to have an understanding. He must be working for them now!!!

He is a good cat but a stray and I have 4 former strays inside already - He is content to sleep in the hay between the two coops.

Caroline

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by