Pullets laying eggs

Sylvia0223

Songster
Sep 8, 2021
I have one pullet ISA Brown who have been laying for 13 days straight, she is 21 weeks old possible 22 weeks old , for past 2 days she didn’t lay an egg? Is that normal ? Another pullet a black australorp lay her first egg 2 days ago as well and have not since she is 22 weeks old. Is it normal for a pullet to lay an 1st egg then don’t lay for few days ? Or pullet who have been laying constantly for 13 days to not lay as well??? It was 2 days with no egg.

I have one pullet ISA Brown who have been laying for 13 days straight, she is 21 weeks old possible 22 weeks old , for past 2 days she didn’t lay an egg? Is that normal ? Another pullet a black australorp lay her first egg 2 days ago as well and have not since she is 22 weeks old. Is it normal for a pullet to lay an 1st egg then don’t lay for few days ? Or pullet who have been laying constantly for 13 days to not lay as well??? It was 2 days with no egg.
As long as they are otherwise acting normal(eating/drinking/pooping/moving around OK)
I'd not worry.
Do you free range?

As long as they are otherwise acting normal(eating/drinking/pooping/moving around OK)
I'd not worry.
Do you free range?
Yes they all acting normal eating drinking pooping just fine and yes they free range few hours during the day then they are in their runway / coop area and free range again in the late afternoon

What ? How ? You mean the vent area ( butt) ??
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Yes they all acting normal eating drinking pooping just fine and yes they free range few hours during the day then they are in their runway / coop area and free range again in the late afternoon
They may have found a place to lay out in the range area.
Keep them in for a few days and see if you get some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom