Pullets or chicks?

Apub

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2019
I would like to get some Isa Browns because I heard they are good with children and tend to be docile and friendly. We raised our other birds from chicks because we wanted them to be used to the kids and actually come to them . That seemed to work really well because the ones we have now will eat out of their hands and allow them to pet them so we were wanting to do that again with the Isa Browns. But we just found out that the local place we usually get them from only has pullets in Isa Browns. Will they still be friendly to my kids? Or will they be more likely to run away from them because they weren't raised the beginning?

But we just found out that the local place we usually get them from only has pullets in Isa Browns.
Older birds instead of day old chicks?
How old are birds... and how old are your children?

They will probably not be as friendly, but with patience you can train them to be.
Do you have a plan on how to integrate the new birds with your existing birds?

See, I've already learned something from this group already!! I have looked up pullets before and I was under the impression that pullets meant hens that were not to egg-laying age yet. But I just called my place and found that they are only 2 weeks old. Thank you so much for everyone's response! I will definitely be posting here again when I have more questions

They will probably not be as friendly, but with patience you can train them to be.

The chickens we have right now, we just put out a few weeks ago. They are only 8 weeks old right now. I would love some suggestions on how to integrate them!

I just called my place and they are only 2 weeks old. My children are ages 6, 10, and 12.

Back
Top Bottom