Pulleys or no?

urbanfarmer12

Hatching
May 1, 2015

It's hard to see from my phone, but my guess is the top one looks like he might have pointy hackles, so maybe roo? Middle looks like a lady. Last one- are those red waddles? Lol How old are they? They all have pretty small combs though.

Last edited:
The first and last photo is the same bird the middle is a different there is only two of them I'll send better pics later haha sorry thanks for the fast reply it's my first time with chickens :0 the bird in question is the first and last photo middle bird im fairly sure she's female. What part of the bird should I photograph that could help identify :) thanks

White birds are hard to see the hackle and saddle feathers on. A full body photo from the side showing where the tail meets the back is very helpful.
Are they Delaware or Columbian Rock chickens?
The markings on the neck would indicate a female of either breed. Males are marked differently. Columbian Rock males have more like streaks on the neck and more of the dark marks generally. Delaware are similar to the Rocks in that the males will have more marking on the neck and usually a section between the wings on the back as well as some barring in the dark feathers on the tail.

I see nothing in your birds to indicate male. I do think they look more like Delaware hens than Columbian Rock hens.

I do have a Delaware hen that had me fooled for a while though. She has the mark between the wings.

Cackle Hatchery has some really good pictures of both breeds.

Last edited:
Yes there delawares! I do notice that one has like no markings at all on her neck and the one in question has a lot of markings on the neck. A roo would be no good cause I can't have them on my property :/

Back
Top Bottom