Pumped to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Katiecluck, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Katiecluck

Katiecluck New Egg

Nov 3, 2016
    Hi everyone. A big hello from Nelson, British Columbia, Canada. My neighbour recommended this website for all-things-chicken. My husband and I live on 40 acres of mountain outside of the small town of Nelson (10,000 people). We have had chickens most of our 25 years together, but it has mostly been my husband who has run the show. I figure it is my turn to learn about chickens. Currently we have seven mixed hens and a handsome rooster. I'm frustrated that the ladies aren't laying - it could be the time of year but also some of them are serious seniors! I'm looking to start fresh with a new batch of hens. But first I need to read, read, read.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greeting, Katiecluck, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Seems like in the past week I've welcomed two or three new chicken folks from BC! Here's a link to Canadian members on BYC if you'd like to connect: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/144/canadians-check-in-here
    And if like to read in order to catch up on the learning curve, there is no better place than the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Best wishes to you and your flock and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    :welcome Katiecluck! Pleased to have you a part of this fabulous community! I'm sure you will learn so much here! redsoxs has given you some great links!

4. missgoosemama

missgoosemama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2015
    North East Oregon
    [​IMG] Welcome!! [​IMG]
    This is a great place to learn and to ask questions if you cant find an answer already there.

5. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Katie. Love your avatar, I see you have' boulders' laying around too. Our part of town was built over a quarry many, many years ago. We can't dig down more than 6 inches without striking some ' pebble' or denting the shovel. We used to try and dig some out but, it made the ground drop a couple feet. We didn't have any dirt to fill the hole, so just put the boulders back. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Katiecluck

Katiecluck New Egg

Nov 3, 2016
    Ha ha ha drumstick diva! We were recently hiking in beautiful Moab,Utah - where my avatar picture was taken. But yes, we too are situated on a lot of rock. 25 years of gardening the same spot and we STILL unearth large rocks on a regular basis.

9. Katiecluck

Katiecluck New Egg

Nov 3, 2016
    What a lovely welcome - thanks, everyone! Looking forward to reading up on all-things-chickens, and learning more about the folks on this site.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you could join us! You have your reading cut out for you, so I'll just say hi and let you get on with it! :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by