1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pumpkin pie making

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by patty12, Nov 13, 2012.

1. patty12

patty12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    [​IMG]
    If I think someone is trying to rip me off I get contary I saw canned pumpkink at our local market for 2.59 , that was the smaller cans.
    I stopped at a store out side of town that sell apples from their trees and bought 2 pumpkins a dollar each. I will have enough pumpkin for my self and all of my relatives for our pumpkin pies. I read a few years ago that canned pumpkin has some sweet potato cooked into it so I will throw in a potato or two in the pot.
    In case you have never cooked a pumphin. put the pumpkin on a cooky sheet and cook until the ouside skin will slip. then just cut your pumpkin into chunks and boil until done. You have your pumpkin ready for the pie making.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. shamblescross

shamblescross Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    This is the only way I do pumpkin pie now, such a difference in taste! I also can pumpkin- 1 quart jar is enough for one thick pie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by