Puppy injured a hen and plucked out feathers on her back

Happily I think this will be the last update - she’s finally 100% healed! At least the scab is completely gone and she’s starting to grow new feathers :) I think I’ll keep it covered for another week or two. I did buy this cute little denim saddle that I’m going to put on her after it stops snowing. Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions and information! I am super grateful for this community!

In case somebody stumbles upon this post looking for solutions to a similar incident, it took a total of 53 days for it to heal.

Attachments

• IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7475.jpeg
    IMG_7475.jpeg
    581.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    551.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 7
Happily I think this will be the last update - she’s finally 100% healed! At least the scab is completely gone and she’s starting to grow new feathers :) I think I’ll keep it covered for another week or two. I did buy this cute little denim saddle that I’m going to put on her after it stops snowing. Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions and information! I am super grateful for this community!

In case somebody stumbles upon this post looking for solutions to a similar incident, it took a total of 53 days for it to heal.
Looks great!
So glad she's healed up. It seems like she's doing well with the saddle and the new one is really cute.

53days! Nice job sticking with her and caring for her.
Thank you for the update, it's very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom