Puppy's tooth

hbutkus5

Chirping
May 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
My Coop
My Coop
A22ACB8B-F7EF-4E80-95DD-93A9867D7735.jpeg 3384381F-83A1-4B62-A197-0628972061CC.jpeg so my 4 month old puppy was laying on his back today and I kind of noticed blood in his mouth and when I looked more carefully half of his molars was bloody. It kind of looks like half cracked off from maybe chewing something, but I'm unsure if he's just losing the tooth or if it's more serious.

Feel it with your fingernail to see if it’s broken.if it is you’ll be able to tel.
It’s hard to see in the picture because when I zoom in I lose clarity.
At four months he’s growing some new ones in and others are going to start falling out.

Sometimes when the big back molars emerge you’ll see a blob of bloody looking flesh getting pushed out of the way by the new bigger tooth.

It's probably not serious. It looks like he chipped a molar. As long as the bleeding stops in a reasonable amount of time and he doesn't show any signs of infection it should be ok. Keep an eye on it and if it looks like it's getting infected or he shows signs of discomfort have it looked at by a vet. At that age he will be losing those teeth so no permanent damage. Ive had puppies break teeth chewing rocks and they were fine.

Oh ok, I think that might be what it is, I think he is about to lose those teeth so it might be the new toothbrush pushing the guns now that you say it. We have our vets number so we will keep an eye on it the next few days and call them if it doesn't get better

Back
Top Bottom