purchasing incubator after all, need advice

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hooterville, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all,
    I was going to build one, even bought most of the supplies--will probably do so later-I have a feeling I'm going to be addicted!

DBF has OKed the purchase of a bator! [​IMG] (this is after several weeks of discussions, back and forth!)
    I'm looking at the hovabator with fan and turner. At least I think it's a hovabator--
    here's the description--

Turbo Fan Incubator (TFI)
    The world's best small incubator just got better. The Turbo Fan model circulates the air and makes it easier to maintain constant temperature. New increased lid depth will accommodate larger sized eggs without adding an expansion ring.Now includes sanitary plastic liner and thermometer! 18 1/2" x 18 1/2" x 9 1/4" 110 volt 25 watt. Egg capacity: up to 130 quail, 80 pheasant-chukar, 50 chicken, 40 turkey, 20 goose. (220 volt model available, call for pricing). Snap action wafer/thermostat operates the 25 watt heating element.
    TURBO FAN INCUBATOR
    Order #TFI

Turbo Fan Incubator with Automatic Turner
    Egg capacity: 42 chickens eggs, 108 quail, 110 volts
    TURBO FAN INCUBATOR W /AUTO TURN
    Order #TFIA
    @ $124.50

Is this the one I want?? I'm a newbie to incubation and want to get what will work. They have another for 132.00 w/o the turner that has an electronic thermostat. Is it that much better?? That's a big difference in price. Any opinion on these?
    Also, is Stromberg's price the best I can do??
    Thanks a bunch~~I've learned so much here!
    Becky

2. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My Hova circulated air is a 1583 and works perfect...hatched over a acouple hundred chicks in it so far....

I got mine from GQF in Savannah, GA

4. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    I have the Hova-bators available. We have the forced air model and the "Genesis" preset model (my favorite). Take a look and give me a holler if you have any questions. Even if you don't buy from me, good luck in your purchase and happy hatching.

www.homeandbarnbasics.com

Thanks
    Tony

5. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for all the advice!
    I'm getting the Hovabator 1583 with turner. I wish I had enough for the genesis but I think I have to get the turner since I'm away 9 hours a day and didn't think the eggs could wait that long to be turned.
    Thanks to you guys, I spent a little less than I thought I'd have to--Yea, more money for eggs!!
    Becky
    I have a feeling there may be a Genesis for me under the Christmas tree next year!

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My 1583 was a gift and came highly recommended by a BYC member who hatches all the time...I have no problems with it and yes it was alittle cheaper than the 1588....I have never had to adjust my temps from the first time I got it set up and running....

7. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I have 2 of the 1588 Genesis with turners that came from Cutler Supply. I checked everywhere and they beat all others hands down on the final price including shipping. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by