Purebred Silverudd?

Lilalienangel

Songster
Aug 28, 2019
So my breeder had a super smart Cream legbar roo that got in the Silverudd pen. Some of her chicks turned out to be Ice Cream Bars.
I am only familiar with the black variety of Silverudds. I have no clue on other color variations. What is the chances that this guy is purebred Silverudd? I included a picture of my obvious Ice cream bar for comparison. Also, I am guessing he is not breeding quality. Am I right in that?
20201214_124703-1.jpg
20201214_124453-1.jpg
20201214_124513-1.jpg
20201212_123725-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep the white one is the one in question. I figure the brown in the splash might either be X cream legbar or just a color variation. One guaranteed does. The splash is the one in question though. In my birds when I have crossed cream legbar and black isbar they are never barred. The dead giveaway on the black bird is the thinner body and his crest. Here's another pic of the one I know is cross..
20201214_142730-1.jpg
20201214_142730-1-1.jpg

Hmmm, I don't know why the laws of genetics wouldn't work when crossing a CLB male to a silverudd female. The CLB male, having two copies of the barring gene, should pass one barring gene on to any offspring. Why that wouldn't work with the Birchen pattern in Silverudds is a question that I should probably ask about in the genetics forum.

As far as the splash bird goes, he looks fairly plump. Looking through photos of the splash silverudds on google, some have a fair amount of red in them. It's probably just more obvious in the splash color. So my guess is that he is purebred.

Here's a picture of one splash silverudd I found online, for comparison
465px-Splashhahn.jpg

So my breeder had a super smart Cream legbar roo that got in the Silverudd pen. Some of her chicks turned out to be Ice Cream Bars.
I am only familiar with the black variety of Silverudds. I have no clue on other color variations. What is the chances that this guy is purebred Silverudd? I included a picture of my obvious Ice cream bar for comparison. Also, I am guessing he is not breeding quality. Am I right in that? View attachment 2449439View attachment 2449440View attachment 2449442View attachment 2449448
I have literally NO IDEA, what a Silveruud is...
Nice looking chooks though!

I came here for the discussion of crossing chickens and genetics and am delighted that there is a cross that some call an ice cream bar. I sort of want one just to tell people "This girl here is an Ice Cream Bar..." just to see the look on their faces. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom