Purina Flock Block?

I just came upon this topic and am pondering adding one for my 6 confined girls to break up the monotony of workday confinement. From what I've read about folks' experience with rain/snow, etc, I'm considering drilling down the middle of the block and running an appropriate-sized chain through, secured with a large washer or something to that effect at the bottom, and hang it inside my covered run. Like my feeder, also suspended from a chain, I would probably put it away at night to not encourage rodents. I had no idea it would last so long.

I just got my 1st Purina Flock Block and I love it! My chickens love it! All I smell is the molasses. It doesn't stink at all. Full of oyster shell, grit, scratch seeds, sunflower seeds (important to this part of the annual moulting season), etc. vitamins and nutrients essential for growth. My chickens have stopped pecking each other's vent feathers and stopped pecking at each other all together. I have had it in my coop of 12 chickens for over a week now, and there is barely a dent taken out of it. I plan on continuing to use them! Two big clucks up for this Crazy Chicken Lady!

Back
Top Bottom