Purina Flock Raiser

at the feed store near me they carry:

Start/grow for chicks
Flock raiser for chicks,turkeys ducks and geese
Layena for "top producing laying birds"(all laying birds??)
Turkey grow/finisher

These are all by Purina. I 'd wonder if the Layena would be for ducks. It is not more specific.

Yes, even for ducks you would feed them the layena after they start laying. I believe the purina feed website recommends feeding layena to all birds that are laying or of laying age, no matter what species.

I feed Dumor Chick/Duck starter and then finisher...Then my ducks go to multi-flock game bird...I dont feed layer pellets because I have boys...I give a dish of oyster shells for the girls and the boys wont touch it...

Quote:
You could just keep two pans out, one with layena and one with flock raiser, or you can just offer oyster shell in a seperate dish, and skip the layer all together. I don't think layena harms the males, I know a lot of people that feed it to their entire flocks (chickens) with no ill effects.

To my knowledge Muzuri is the only brand that makes a waterfowl maintenance and breeder formula but Iits just too stinkin' expensive iof you have more than a couple birds.
I use Purina Layena for my adult ducks and geese
although I'm not thrilled with the soy protein source.
Wish I could find a meat based layer formula especially fro my ducks and chickens.

Back
Top Bottom