Purple comb

Htathegamer

Hatching
Nov 13, 2018
My roosters comb is purple and wasnt active like he usually is and was walking slow and kept his head close to his body but he did put up a fight when a I tried to catch him. Please help me I'm really worried because hes the nicest rooster I've ever had and I dont want to lose him.

Pictures?
To post pics on your phone click the landscape looking picture. Then hit choose file and click the photo you want to add. On computer, simply upload from your phone and follow the same steps.

My roosters comb is purple and wasnt active like he usually is and was walking slow and kept his head close to his body but he did put up a fight when a I tried to catch him. Please help me I'm really worried because hes the nicest rooster I've ever had and I dont want to lose him.
Photos will be helpful.
What does his poop look like?
Any respiratory symptoms?
How long have you had him?
What do you feed him?

Hopefully once we have more information, we can help you better.
In the meantime, put him some place where he can rest, be relatively warm and calm. Provide him with food/water.

How old is this rooster? I have heard that heart problems in roosters tend to prevent at a certain point in their development, though I’m not sure when that is. Sorry not to be of more help. It does sound like cyanosis, but we can’t tell from what without more info.

Photos will be helpful.
What does his poop look like?
Any respiratory symptoms?
How long have you had him?
What do you feed him?

Hopefully once we have more information, we can help you better.
In the meantime, put him some place where he can rest, be relatively warm and calm. Provide him with food/water.
His poop is similar to diarrhea because its watery and his voice sounds different, and he does this like cough/sneeze sometimes. I feed him 16% protein grain along with cracked corn. I've had him for about 5 months.

His poop is similar to diarrhea because its watery and his voice sounds different, and he does this like cough/sneeze sometimes. I feed him 16% protein grain along with cracked corn. I've had him for about 5 months.
Can you take him to a vet?
Photos of poop and rooster? If you have video upload that to youtube, then provide us a link.
I may have missed it, but how old is he?
He's not been wearing a No-Crow collar has he?

Look inside his beak for any obstruction, lesions or canker. Let us know how his crop feels.
If he is sneezing/coughing, then he probably has a respiratory illness, does he have any swelling of the face, watery eyes or mucous?
Tell us more about the protein grain, is that a poultry feed?

It's hard to know what's going on with him, if he has a respiratory disease, then you can try treating with antibiotics, just be aware that even if he recovers he will be a carrier of the illness - meaning he will pass it on to other birds.

Back
Top Bottom