PurpleChicken is right!!! Silkies ARE evil!!!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
As if being without power is enough, PJ, my blue silkie roo, decided to lead a band of renegade chickens off into a large area of overgrowth that we haven't managed to clean off yet (reason for the goats!).

So I hear them back there clucking and being all cute and chickeny, and me being worried about their safety and all, I foolishly decided to go in and send them out.

Now, it's not the smartest thing to follow chickens into a weed patch that has grown higher than you are tall...especially not in the outfit I was in...sweatshirt, jeans, and flipflops!!

So I managed to stub my toe almost immediately, the chickens all scatter into two different directions. I followed PJ and his half of the band, nearly got them back around the goat pen to their designated area, when PJ doubles back and whips in behind me. I turn around and give chase. I am already sweating and starting to become frustrated with this uncooperating "pet" of mine.

PJ spins around again, heads back to the goat pen, and once again I follow. STUPID STUPID WOMAN!
he.gif
PJ dead stops, turns to me, drops his wing, sideway dances towards me, I bend down to pick him up....AND HE PECKS MY BIG TOE!!
ep.gif

I am shocked, I am hurt! This is my pet, my baby, the silkie chick I saved from certain death when he was 2 days old after he nearly drowned during a power outtage!! and he PECKED me!!

I am beyond frustrated now, I am just down right furious! I snatch him up and promptly stick him back in the pen, slamming the door in his face. After fifteen more minutes of chasing I manage to get the other rogue chickens rounded up and back in the pen.

Hot, sweaty, and fuming, I headed back to the house thinking how a nice hot cup of coffee would help calm me and then I realize, power's not back on.
somad.gif

That was yesterday. Today, PJ was on his best behavior. I just know he is plotting for tomorrow!
barnie.gif

Yeah, I'm warming up for a showdown with our roo. He gives me the evil eye all the time and last night I went in there to pet the girls, and he LIGHTLY tapped my hand, and I yelled at him. He backed down, but I think we are heading for a knock down drag out.....

Shame on PJ. Bad chicken!

Oh that is a rough day!
I won the battle with my silkie roo and he is back to being standoffish but not aggressive. He treats the ladies well and sounds the alarm when there's danger. I wasn't so luck with his half brother. He moved to a farm with more space and hens.

Sorry for your troubles but you gotta love that little fella:D

I have a trio of partridge ones and they have their own little house.
During the day I let them out to free range under my close watch...
My little roo did not like me picking up his hens and carrying them back to the coop. He danced around under my feet squawking at me so I picked him up too..... Can you say BABY......
lol.png

Quote:
Ike sent a nice windstorm up our way, knocked our power out. Most of Ohio was without power. They finally got it back on for us today
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom