Put 49 Live Jumbo Bob Eggs In Hatcher This Morning

Jenlyn9483

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Day 23 Will Be Sunday But One Is Already Pipped! Thanks Jim!

My Butlers From Jj Are Almost A Month Old Now. I Have A Dozen Of Them And So Far They Are Great And Super Low Maintenance. I Have Noticed They Eat Way Less Than The Conturnix And They Waste Almost None. I Know Their Calorie Requirements Are Lower Because They Dont Grow As Fast But So Far Im Digging The Bobs. Might Change My Story When They Start Breeding Tho And Turn Into "rabid Pitbulls With Feathers" Lol

Quote:
I have thought the Bobs a bit more civilized then the coturnix AKA feather pigs
smile.png

Last edited:
my thought was it would cost more to raise them since they take so much longer to get to maturity, but now i see that it probably will equal out.

It Has Been Writen Somewhere That It Takes More Feed To Get A Coturinx To 8 Wks Of Age Than It Does To Get A Bob To 32wks Of Age. While I Have Not Researched It Here I Certainly Believe It. Not Only Do They Eat Much Less But Dont Seem To Waste Food Like Coturnix Do

Quote:
Well, my Coturnix seem to view their food not only as a source of nutrients, but also as great dust bathing powder. They seem to like it better than sand.

Oh well, my dog wants bottled water from the fridge, not tap. C'est la vie.

JJ I had no idea about this food revelation. I wish I had known that about them last fall because I would have got some then instead of waiting for spring after considering it forever. Do you have any community pens for the adults or all pairs and trios? I can't wait til I can tell how many males and females I have.

My Housing Situation Provides Small Groups... 2 Roos 3 Hens, A Few Trios, Many Pairs, And Bertha... Who's More Like A Motel... She Just Gets The Occaisional Overnight Gentleman Guest (she Has A Serious Black Widow Thing Going On And Much Longer Than 2-3 Days Tops Is About All The Poor Lads Can Withstand Without Incurring Permanent Damage
sad.png
) That Girl Is Just Plain Mean I Tell Ya...

Sounds like the housing situation is going to have to be learn and build as you go depending on personalities differences.

Two new bobs hatched and I got a ton that are pipped. Whoot! Now they all need to start popping out like popcorn.

Sounds like the housing situation is going to have to be learn and build as you go depending on personalities differences

THATS ABOUT AS ACCURATE A DESCRIPTION AS YOU COULD EVER HAVE FOR BOBS​

Back
Top Bottom