Put Corid Solution in chicks mouth?

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I have some 4-5 week old bantam chicks with what I believe to be cocci, they are lethargic, stay fluffed up alot, and do not seem to be eating or drinking well. I have one that peeps ALL THE TIME, which I am assuming is because it hurts, or maybe because she likes to talk alot not sure. The other is just kinda "lazy" just stands around fluffed up and barely eats or drinks and doesnt move around much, I have seen a couple bloody fecals but not much.

I bought Corid and started putting it in their water yesterday, obviously I dont expect an instant cure but how long does it take?

I have been told to put the solution in a syringe and give it to the sick chicks directly, does that mean I need to give them the actual Corid solution or the solution once its mixed with water?

One of them is drinking ok, not alot but its interest is peaked when I put new water in the isolation cage, the other isnt in a hurry to go anywhere so I think I might have to give it to her directly.

You have to be a little careful giving chicks liquids with a syringe or dropper because they can choke on the liquid getting i into their lungs and can die if they aren't swallowing it. It is a little safer if you can dip their beaks in the water, or give them small amounts with a dropper making sure they swallow with each drink.

Quote:
They must drink the solution after it's mixed in the water. The treatment is for 5 days, you should see improvement around the third day, continue til completion. As Eggcessive stated, the ones that arnt drinking are too sick to drink. You'll have to use a syringe or eyedropper to dose them. Small amounts are best from a full syringe or eyedropper and let them swallow it on their own. You will have to do this 4-5 times a day to get enough of the mixture in them to be effective so that they can eventually drink on their own.

Back
Top Bottom