1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

put eggs small end down in bator?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bella1210, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    do you put eggs small end down in bator an should we leave the turner off to start or start it right away.going in tonight temp is 101.8-102 hum is 50-60 is this good starting numbers for bobwhite still air very nervous first time ever with bator.

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Songster

Jul 26, 2009
    Yes, small (more pointed) end down, large (wider) end up. Start turning immediately. In fact, it is my understanding that eggs should even be turned a couple of times a day while in cool storage prior to going into the incubator for optimal results. I don't know if many people do this. I've not really had the opportunity yet, as to date almost all of the eggs I've incubated have come to me through the mail and were put into the incubator after being allowed to settle for a few hours.

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Make sure you have 2 thermometers in the incubator. The ones that come with incubators are a couple of degrees off which can affect your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: