Put them together?

Cynthia 085

Songster
7 Years
May 4, 2014
CO
Hi
ya.gif

I would like to know if I can have both Silkies and bantam cochins together in the same flock.

I recently picked up two regular size cochins for my friend and I really like them. They are so cute and very lovable and wold love to have some miniature ones with our silkies.
love.gif

Is this possible?
I looked for an answer to this questions just browsing, but found no answer so I decided to post this question before even trying to get some.

Thanks

Last edited:
yes it is possible, Silkies are quite docile but since they are in an established flock, it shouldn't be a problem to add a few, as long as they are intergrated correctly. I have my silkies running with a couple of mutt hens, an Orpington cross and a faverolles cross boy and the size difference doesn't worry them at all.

Cochins are typically pretty mellow birds and would fit in nicely with silkies. Probably one of the better breeds to keep with silkies in my personal opinion.

Thank you very much for replying. I will see if I can get some.

The biggest silkie I have is @4months old. I think incorporating them at this time would be OK :) They are so young right now.

Both breeds as you mentioned are docile so I am glad I can have a few mixed in there.
Thank you!
celebrate.gif

Cynthia

Do you guys know where I can get bantam cochins here in Colorado? I live in Longmont and can't find any breeders.

Back
Top Bottom