1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Putting Bantam eggs in Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WinterSkyMoonRanch, Jul 24, 2011.

1. WinterSkyMoonRanch

WinterSkyMoonRanch Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    California
    I have some bantam chicken eggs I want to hatch in my incubator. In the past, I have always turned them by hand. I just bought an egg turner:yiipchick
    but I'm not sure if bantam chicken eggs do well using an egg turner. I know that serama eggs do not! Help:jumpy

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I just hatched some cochin and cochin/D'Anvers eggs in the incubator and had them in a normal egg turner and they did fine. All hatched. You can go to the feed store and buy Quail Rails if you are worried, but mine did just fine.

3. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I have always used a turner with my bantam eggs, including serama eggs before I sold all of my seramas. I never have had an issue, and always have great hatch rates. Good luck!

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I've done bantams, including Seramas, in a turner plenty of times. In fact, I have Silkies & Polish bantams in the incubator right now.
    Good luck & hope you have a great hatch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by