putting chicks in the grass for a few hours

skrasienko

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
Lorain County Ohio
would it be advisable to put 3 week old chicks outside in the grass for a few hours assuming the temp is warm I would have a poultry wire barrier to keep dogs/ cats out while there in there

Yes Yu Can. They Are Allowed Outside For Short Periods Of Time As Soon As They Turn 2 Weeks Old
smile.png

I put my 3 week old chicks outside last week, in the grass. It was warm, around 80 degrees, but I moved the run into the shade and put water in the run.
cool.png
They were outside for about 2 hours and loved every minute of it. They now spend time outside every day - it seems to have made them grow like crazy! Could be my imagination though.

I kept our 3 week olds out for several hours yesterday, (in their play run) I make sure they have water & shade if they get too hot. They have a blast!
wee.gif

I've been keeping my 3 week old chicks outside all day for the last 4 days now. It's in the 90's here. I've been bringing them back in each night but hope to have them out for good by next week, when nights should be in the upper 60's. I have my 9 chicks (3 standards, 6 banties) in a 4' x 8' portable run. They love it out there!

Back
Top Bottom