Puzzling Pullet?

WildWyandott110

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Oregon
Hi, i have a very strange pullet named Doily today she tried to mate another one of my pullets Sunshine. Doily has one spur and i do not know what to do, please help! Doily is about 5 months old and has started laying. this is my first time raising this breed, she is a barred rock/astrolap/silver laced wyandotte. I don't know what to do, and if she is a crowing roo we will have to kill her, but of she is a non crowing roo she can live!

If she is actually a he, a cockerel, he will crow. However, pullets may climb on top of other pullets as a gesture of dominance. One mature hen in an all hen flock will become dominant, and may climb on other hens' backs. Sometimes they make an attempt at crowing, but it usually doesn't sound much like a cock's crow, nor is it usually as loud. Some hens grow spurs/

Hi, i have a very strange pullet named Doily today she tried to mate another one of my pullets Sunshine. Doily has one spur and i do not know what to do, please help! Doily is about 5 months old and has started laying. this is my first time raising this breed, she is a barred rock/astrolap/silver laced wyandotte. I don't know what to do, and if she is a crowing roo we will have to kill her, but of she is a non crowing roo she can live!
Anyone but me find it amusing that a hen can do all the things a rooster can do, but a rooster can't lay an egg? I know, I need to get a life. <sigh>

Back
Top Bottom