Pygmy goat ready to pop!!

Thank you all! Babies are doing well. Its been a long night momma wasn't letting them nurse (she actually didn't take care of them at all, I had to dry them off and it was the coldest day its been in a while). We finally got her letting them nurse but her udder is really funky and the teats point back so the only way to get the babies to nurse is to get right behind her back legs. They're struggling a bit latching and the only way to help is to lift her leg. So every few hours my husband and I went out to lift her leg.

We ended up with twins! The dark one is a little girl the light is a boy!
Wonderful! They are gorgeous ❤

Thank you all! Babies are doing well. Its been a long night momma wasn't letting them nurse (she actually didn't take care of them at all, I had to dry them off and it was the coldest day its been in a while). We finally got her letting them nurse but her udder is really funky and the teats point back so the only way to get the babies to nurse is to get right behind her back legs. They're struggling a bit latching and the only way to help is to lift her leg. So every few hours my husband and I went out to lift her leg.
So glad to hear they are doing well! Are they the first babies of the momma?
Great you figured out how they can nurse on their mom's kind of special udder and that you and your husband are taking such amazing care!

I'm so pleased they are all doing well, sounds like you have really taken care of them to make sure mumma can feed them. Hopefully it will get easier now they know what they are doing.

Back
Top Bottom