Q

DaniMac

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2015
I recently got 10 bitties, and this is my first time having chickens. I am so excited about them, but just like every other new chicken owner, I have a million questions and google has failed me. Please help me identify the breeds:] They can literally be anything. I have no background info on them at all. Also, these first pictures are of them when they first came home. I believe they are all the same age, but I received waffles, marshmello and cookie a week after I got the other seven.
I'm pretty sure Nugget is an EE. There is only the little brown spot on top of head, and white on chin.

I think Barbie Q is a Black Copper Marans. I am pretty sure she is.

Popcorn, dear Popcorn. You have thrown me for a loop. You look like a Marans with your coloring and markings, down to your feathered legs. However, you have 5 toes. What are you!?! Also, she has a copper look to her wing feathers. Barbie Q, Popcorn, Chicken Little and Cookie are all smaller than the others. I believe they are bantams.

Popeye is quite possibly an EE as well.

Teriyaki has the markings of a barred chick. So either a Barred Rock, Dominique, or Cuckoo Marans?

Dumpling and Teriyaki are exactly alike. I had to color dumplings white spot to tell them apart.

Waffles!! I daresay you are an EE as well.

Marshmello. Yes, I know it's spelt marshmallow, but eh. I was stumped on him. But, I do believe he is a Delaware. His wing feathers are "dusted" with gray/slate.

Cookie has feathered feet as well. I am thinking partridge cochin?

This guy has me stumped... completely black. Black feet, black toes, black beak, but only 4 toes. His wing feathers have copper in them, so I am wondering if he is a mix? Black copper marans mixed with silkie?

I will have to get some pictures of them tomorrow, but they are 2 weeks now. Any ideas on what I could have? Thanks in advance!

I don't have any that fit an exact silkie. I have one with feathered black feet, but only 4 toes. And another with feathered black legs and 5 pink toes. Could they be a Marans/Silkie mix? They are smaller than my other birds, so they would have to be bantam, are there Marans bantam?

I recently got 10 bitties, and this is my first time having chickens. I am so excited about them, but just like every other new chicken owner, I have a million questions and google has failed me. Please help me identify the breeds:] They can literally be anything. I have no background info on them at all. Also, these first pictures are of them when they first came home. I believe they are all the same age, but I received waffles, marshmello and cookie a week after I got the other seven.
I'm pretty sure Nugget is an EE. There is only the little brown spot on top of head, and white on chin.
???
I think Barbie Q is a Black Copper Marans. I am pretty sure she is.
????
Popcorn, dear Popcorn. You have thrown me for a loop. You look like a Marans with your coloring and markings, down to your feathered legs. However, you have 5 toes. What are you!?! Also, she has a copper look to her wing feathers. Barbie Q, Popcorn, Chicken Little and Cookie are all smaller than the others. I believe they are bantams.
?????
Popeye is quite possibly an EE as well.
EE
Teriyaki has the markings of a barred chick. So either a Barred Rock, Dominique, or Cuckoo Marans?
Barred Rock
Dumpling and Teriyaki are exactly alike. I had to color dumplings white spot to tell them apart.
Barred Rock
Waffles!! I daresay you are an EE as well.
???
Marshmello. Yes, I know it's spelt marshmallow, but eh. I was stumped on him. But, I do believe he is a Delaware. His wing feathers are "dusted" with gray/slate.
Maybe a Plymouth Rock
Cookie has feathered feet as well. I am thinking partridge cochin?
Your guess is probably right.
This guy has me stumped... completely black. Black feet, black toes, black beak, but only 4 toes. His wing feathers have copper in them, so I am wondering if he is a mix? Black copper marans mixed with silkie?

I will have to get some pictures of them tomorrow, but they are 2 weeks now. Any ideas on what I could have? Thanks in advance!

Updated pictures of the chicks. New photo is from today at 2 weeks.
Pretty sure this is a cockerel. And his wings have changed since I last looked.. I don't think he's a Delaware anymore.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom