quad help me out here

doc_gonzo

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 17, 2007
Evening Shade, Ar
i was just watching tv and i saw a comercial for a major italian restaurant chain who shall remain "nameless" .
it was for their new gulf coast faire.....beef, salmon , and lobster???????

so basically my question is how is the salmon and lobster fishing in your neck of the woods? your nearer to the gulf coast than i am, and even though i have a degree in marine biology, hey maybe there was a recent influx of salmon and lobster to the gulf..... with enough to share with the entire u. s. of amerika?

dee d' dee

doc

Doc, sorry to hijack your thread. I wanted to ask Quad to go to "The Next Depression?" thread and link to the article PC is talking about there.

TIA!

Beef cattle are swimming in the gulf now???

OG, mmm salmon is a cold water fish so no salmon here that I know of. Lobster, we got that. ours just dont have claws. they're good as far as I know never had em.

But the Shrimp....it rocks!!!!!!!!!

GF, I'll go have a look

hu.gif

hehe,

i was in the keys working on my phd study during "bug"season. they are quite delitious, smoked, grilled, steamed i never thought i'd get tired of lobster good thing it's only a weekend season.
technicly fla lobsters are closer to craw-dads than lobsters.
i thought that a floridian would be amused by the "gulf coast faire" though....

cheers,

doc

well yeh they gulf coast salmon is a rare treat, kinda like the 3 legged chicken and of course theres the saltwater beef (aka beef jerky) the trick is netting em to pull em into the boat
big_smile.png

We live right on the East coast and I go to a college which is right practically on the ocean! Tons of seafood down there and wonderful crabbing. I had fun trapping them years ago at LBI in NJ. Not sure if we have salmon though. I've always wanted to do a deep sea fishing trip.

I hate sea food though. I've had a tiny piece of shrimp before, but will not even try fish. LOL, something about the smell!

Back
Top Bottom