Quail babies moved out!

kurby22

Crossing the Road
Apr 12, 2021
Sacramento Area, California
Just wanted to share my excitement, those heat lamps are way worse when it’s 95 outside too :-/

I decided to try out the ramp in my hutch since I didn’t know before getting it that they’d go unused. So far they seem to think it’s fine! I put their dust bath and food upstairs as incentive 😁 Unlike my chicks when I moved them to their coop, these weirdos are just standing in the corner not really moving haha. They’re very slowly venturing from the corner but when I wanted a picture, they hustled up the ramp hehe. They’re so cute and weird :)

Attachments

• 75F16137-C4BE-4A87-B353-89C8769E4E76.jpeg
    75F16137-C4BE-4A87-B353-89C8769E4E76.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 14
  • D4296F4A-FCD3-40DA-869F-5A3F218F687D.jpeg
    D4296F4A-FCD3-40DA-869F-5A3F218F687D.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 11
Very cute! Someone bought chicks from me and sent pics of them in a 2 tier setup, they were using the ramp. I’ve found young birds are more likely to use it and then keep using it.
Thanks! I’m really glad they seem okay with it! We have really bad rat problems here and I was more worried about keeping them safe from them and didn’t think about them being ground dwelling! And I work in wildlands too haha 😬 Now I have to decide if I need another cage for the baby Celadons I got that are about two weeks behind these guys. Integrating quail seems harder than with chickens...maybe I’m worried for nothing? I did want to maybe try to breed for more Celadons...so maybe another cage is needed one way or another haha. My husband is going to strangle me 😆

Thanks! I’m really glad they seem okay with it! We have really bad rat problems here and I was more worried about keeping them safe from them and didn’t think about them being ground dwelling! And I work in wildlands too haha 😬 Now I have to decide if I need another cage for the baby Celadons I got that are about two weeks behind these guys. Integrating quail seems harder than with chickens...maybe I’m worried for nothing? I did want to maybe try to breed for more Celadons...so maybe another cage is needed one way or another haha. My husband is going to strangle me 😆
I toss my birds between cages all the time. I’m currently breeding celadon versions of snowies. Sometimes you get jerks, and I generally invite them to dinner lol. Mostly I just mist them with vinegar water, mist cage area as well, and then I switch to the spray setting and I squirt anyone who aggresses. It usually only takes a couple squirts before they settle down.

I toss my birds between cages all the time. I’m currently breeding celadon versions of snowies. Sometimes you get jerks, and I generally invite them to dinner lol. Mostly I just mist them with vinegar water, mist cage area as well, and then I switch to the spray setting and I squirt anyone who aggresses. It usually only takes a couple squirts before they settle down.
Ohhh! That’s a great idea! I will totally try that, thank you!

I have an off topic question to ask you? What is the difference between the “silver pharaoh” and the Falb fee? It’s still hard to find answers to these things! I feel like my three quail that are the same look just like Falb fees, but they also look like a Silver pharaoh and I can’t really find a description of the silver pharaoh anywhere. I watched Myshires YouTube series on colors and I don’t think he ever covers silver pharaohs and he hasn’t done one on Rosettas...they were really helpful though! Anyway, thanks! :)

I have an off topic question to ask you? What is the difference between the “silver pharaoh” and the Falb fee? It’s still hard to find answers to these things! I feel like my three quail that are the same look just like Falb fees, but they also look like a Silver pharaoh and I can’t really find a description of the silver pharaoh anywhere. I watched Myshires YouTube series on colors and I don’t think he ever covers silver pharaohs and he hasn’t done one on Rosettas...they were really helpful though! Anyway, thanks! :)
Silver wild (or silver pharaoh) in my experience don’t have as many shades of gray, and dont have black. They may still have some tan/ beige and falb fee won’t really besides the shoulder area.

these are silver wilds.
73B11CEC-2473-4DB3-9803-3BDF9584D6FD.jpeg

Silver wild (or silver pharaoh) in my experience don’t have as many shades of gray, and dont have black. They may still have some tan/ beige and falb fee won’t really besides the shoulder area.

these are silver wilds.
View attachment 2668210
Ahh okay! So then maybe mine are Falb Fees? I took better pics of them...what do you think? They definitely have black in their coloring!

Attachments

• 39F4CA69-5B49-407D-9BFC-DE7ADD4E328F.jpeg
    39F4CA69-5B49-407D-9BFC-DE7ADD4E328F.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1A853673-5E9E-451D-9CB8-FF191F39188B.jpeg
    1A853673-5E9E-451D-9CB8-FF191F39188B.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 5

these are silver wilds.
View attachment 2668210
And these are falb fees for comparison...

Attachments

• 98FFF443-EE22-4E98-AF19-4BBFFB933BB8.jpeg
    98FFF443-EE22-4E98-AF19-4BBFFB933BB8.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 809056C1-7080-4371-BF92-D5D1BDBDDCDD.jpeg
    809056C1-7080-4371-BF92-D5D1BDBDDCDD.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom